We offer employment opportunities in a diverse spectrum of program services. Browse our program links to find information about each program. Since 1966, nurses, nutritionists, health educators, environmental health practitioners, clerical support and paraprofessional staff have found satisfaction in providing public health to Vermilion County residents. Our employees appreciate the following benefits of working at the health department:
- 40 hour work week
- 8 hour workday
- Generally assigned between 8am and 4:30pm
- 12 paid holidays
- 64 hours paid personal time
- Paid vacation days
- Subsidized health insurance
- Paid life insurance policy
- Deferred compensation plan available
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund Benefits
- Vested after 10 years, and eligible for disability after 1 year
The Vermilion County Health Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin or ancestry. Please browse our current openings by clicking the link below
No Job Listings at This Time
Click on the link below to view and print an application. You will need the Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view this PDF form.
Once you have filled out your application, please mail it to: Vermilion County Health Department Public Health Administrator.