WIC (Women, Infants, and Children)
Extra Location for WIC Clients
WIC is at Fair Oaks the 1st and 3rd Tuesday every month (except Holidays) from 9:00AM – 3:00PM
What is WIC?
WIC is a supplemental nutrition program for Women, Infants, and Children. The WIC program provides at no charge:
Who is Eligible
- Pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum women
- Infants and children up to age 5 who live in Vermilion County, have a medical or nutritional health risk and meet income guidelines.
Click HERE for Current WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines.
What Foods Does WIC Provide?
- Iron-fortified formula*
- Jar fruits and vegetables
- Jar meats for exclusively breast fed babies
*WIC promotes breastfeeding as the optimal source of nutrition for infants. Special infant formulas and medical foods may be provided when prescribed by a physician for a specified medical condition.
Women and Children:
- Peanut Butter
- Dried Beans and Peas
- Whole Wheat Bread or Brown Rice/Soft Corn Tortillas or Oatmeal
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Exclusively Breastfeeding Women also get canned tuna or salmon
What to Bring to Your WIC Appointment
- WIC ID card (if one has already been issued)
- Child(ren) if for Certification or Follow-up
- Birth Certificate for new infant or child(ren)
- Immunization Records for infant or children
- Social Security card
- Driver License or other picture ID for parent
- Proof of Pregnancy (slip from the doctor or health clinic with due date included)
- Proof of Income (Bring one)
- 2 most recent check stubs for each household member that works
- 1040 form, W-2 form
- Proof of Address (Bring one)
- utility bill
- current piece of mail (within last 60 days)
- lease or rent receipt
- No Post Office Box addresses accepted.
Hours for WIC: M, T, W, F: 8am – 4:30pm
Thursday: 11am – 7:00pm
Walk-In Wednesdays – No appointment needed. Call if you have questions.
Extra Location for WIC: 1st and 3rd Tuesday every month (except Holidays) from 9:00AM – 3:00PM
For an Appointment contact WIC